Sunday, January 14, 2007

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness - Desiderata.

Does being a Christian mean having no fear? Am I supposed to be able to give God full control of my life without worrying? I think that's exactly what I should be doing, but I don't always trust God completely. I don't always say 'Let your will be done' and mean it.
I know of so many times when He saved me from things that would've ruined me. I know of so many times He has opened doors for me. So many times He has carried me through sadness and anger, with such grace and power. Yet... I fear.
I know when troubles come, God is by my side and there is a reason for whatever happens to me. Yet .. I fear.
“What I do now thou knowest not but thou shalt know hereafter.”
Yet...I fear.

No comments: